CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
At Pearson Inc., we believe in being good corporate citizens. Our commitment to our customers and employees includes our promotion of fair, safe, and environmentally friendly work practices in the manufacturing of all our garments and accessories. It isn’t always about profit in a family business. We know it's important to reach out into the community to support friends, family, and neighbors.
We view the protection of the environment as a very important business obligation. Orders are shipped in corrugated containers made from recycled materials. Once used, these containers are 100% recyclable for use in the manufacture of other paper products. All containers that pass through our facility are always recycled or reused to further cut down on waste.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TODAY
- We reuse or recycle incoming packaging materials, we use composite pallets and totes for shipping, and our corrugated boxes used for repackaging are made from post-consumer recycled content
- We shred and recycle, or repurpose internally printed documents to cut down on paper usage and office waste
- We reuse pallets, repair when necessary, throughout distribution
- Increased use of e-mail which greatly reduces the amount of paper used, business records are digitized to minimize hard copy document storage, multi-functional devices (for faxing, printing and photocopying) reduce energy and paper usage
- We encourage staff and visitors to recycle bottles, plastics, and aluminum cans by placing recycling bins at strategic points throughout our office
- We recycle our old computers as part of our IT replacement strategy
- We have reduced the amount of our landfill waste by finding ways of recycling waste material, either in-house or in conjunction with others who are able to use the material constructively
- Reduced paper usage with electronic accounting practices
Catalog Paper from Responsible Sources
We view the protection of the environment as a very important business obligation. We proudly state that our
Band Shoppe and Superior Cheer catalogs are printed on paper that is Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certified. It contains fiber from forests that are carefully managed, responsibly harvested, and adhere to strict environmental and socioeconomic standards.
Taking Care of Our Employees...
All of our custom and in stock uniforms and flags are always handmade here in Southern Indiana using a cell-manufacturing system that utilizes working teams paid a fair hourly-wage. These cell-systems focus on garment quality in teams rather than the number of pieces produced individually. Pearison Inc. also encourages health and wellness through regular visits from a registered health professional and yearly health fairs, as well as promoting employee wellness by participation in local organized fitness events.
... and the Community!
- Pearison Inc. participates in the local Relay for Life, raising more than $14,000 through employee fundraising and intraoffice events to help support this great cause
- Every December, Pearison Inc. and Employees provided Holiday baskets to needy families through the local community. December 2016 saw 76 Families, including 205 Children, provided for through employee support
- Pearison Inc. supports the community throughout the area by giving to a variety of local groups including reading programs, youth organizations, sports programs, emergency services, and much more!
- We support the arts, both locally and nationally, through our various partnerships - find the full list on the Band Shoppe Associations page